Scroll down for addition information and recent updates 7/23/2021
FlyingAg is thrilled to announce our exclusive cooperation with AeroVironment to sell Quantix Mapper hybrid VTOL drone and Quantix-related parts & accessories. Learn more about this quick and simple mapping solution below.
Quantix is a powerfully simple to use UAV empowering users through its fully-automated operation and instant insight. Its hybrid design allows the aircraft to launch vertically and transition to horizontal flight; maximizing aerodynamic efficiency and range. Users can immediately view high resolution imagery on the included Operating Tablet – no other devices, internet or additional software required. With the touch of a button, users can quickly and safely generate up to date maps for in-field assessment. Whether assessing crop growth during key stages, or damage from storm, flood and fire, Quantix Mapper makes It easy to gather accurate images across a large area, assess and react to situation with precision and speed.
Creating a NEW Collection Area:
- Power on the Quantix Tablet and launch the Quantix App.
- (Collection Area List) Push Add New Collection Area.
- (New Collection Area) Enter a name for your new collection area in the NAME field.
A default name will be populated for you if you do not enter one. You may change the collection area name at any time.
- (New Collection Area) Enter a Latitude/Longitude, City/Street, or Zip Code in the Search box to navigate the map to the area where your new collection area will be.
You may use your fingers to pan, zoom in, and zoom out on the map to navigate.
- (New Collection Area) Push CREATE to enable the map draw capability.
- (New Collection Area) Click on the map to draw an outline of your collection area.
Collection areas can be up to 400 acres.
(New Collection Area) Push FINISH, or click on the first point to complete the shape.To ensure the highest quality product, draw your collection area with an additional 50-100 foot buffer around the location that you are interested in.
This allows software programs to more accurately stitch the area of interest, as the edges of a completed stitch tend to warp.
Before you start the calibration, make sure the following good practices are observed:
- Do not perform a calibration indoors or within 10 feet of a building.
- Do not perform a calibration within 15 feet of a vehicle.
- Empty your pockets of all electronics (phones, watches, etc.), large metallic objects (knives, etc.), and magnetic objects.
- Keys and metal objects of similar size are okay if kept away from the aircraft.
- Be sure to place removed items at least 5–10 feet away from the calibration location.